Saturday, May 31, 2014

We made it!!



44 hours, 2727 miles in 4 days......what a beautiful country we have!!  Neither one of us slept in the car because we didn't want to miss a thing!  Change was crazy fast with the terrain.  So glad I did this. ....everyone should travel cross country at least once in their life.  Such an amazing experience!  So, we landed and Linds had everything set for us so I didn't have to go to the grocery store, etc.  Toasted with champagne....new beginnings and getting here safely. Still can't believe I am here.  Surreal.  First whole  day here and started with a long shower with no hurries, appreciating my view and catching up on email, etc. Took Mali to the dog park.  She had so much fun!  Such a little social gal....like her mama.  Explored the town a bit and met my landlord, had my walkthrough.  Feeling good about this place and thinking I might stay longer than I planned. This town is a throwback in time....cool little shops, hippies that have remained hippies from the 60's, painted vans,  organic markets, everyone has a dog....really laid back and I find the character of the town very interesting.  Good place to find some grounding again. Finding my way in the last 24 hours already.....burgers on the grill tonight and getting ready to watch fireworks courtesy of Sea World  from my living room!! Moving truck comes tomorrow........Busy day once again but excited to make this place my own!


Map of where I live.  You can see the dog beach, I live off Voltaire about 7 blocks from the beach......up high to see everything....it's a bit hilly here.  Feeling excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment