Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Settling in...learning the life here



For some reason,  here in San Diego people find a need to pile up rocks.  They call it "stacking".  I read that it symbolizes a desire to manifest a connection in our every day life, to bring the sacred into every thought, feeling and action.  If you think about it....if this little building of an altar makes someones life a little better......so be it. They are all beautiful in their own way.

I look at them as I have my life.....one step at a time. Balance.  Building blocks.  A big stone, then a little stone and then maybe a medium stone, etc.  I prefer the big stones! ;)

Anyway,  5 weeks here....ups and downs but I'm glad to be here and feeling better than I have in many years.  I have learned to live here means to live simply.  Buy what you need and make the most of what you have.  Huge support for the local merchants and farmers.  I have loved hearing the stories from the farmers markets merchants.  So much talent and so much ambition and dreams......Inspires me to pursue my own ambitions and dreams...and that being true to yourself is so important....no matter what.






No comments:

Post a Comment