Saturday, July 12, 2014

6 Weeks....hard to believe.....but not really.


 Life here is still a little surreal.  I really miss home in VA sometimes,  the familiarity....the routine, my friends.  It's lonely sometimes for sure.  We are finally in a routine and busy everyday. I still can't get passed the reality that I actually live in a place that feels like vacation.  Why would I ever have to go on a beach vacation?

 I do know....I don't like the people invasion of summer vacationers.  I thought I was out of the loop being here in OB.....NOT the case.  EARLY morning walk with Mali and late sunset visits with all three or it's just too crowded with the dreaded weekenders or tourists.  Yes.....I'm becoming an official OB local.  Love it!  Nice  that we live away from all the crowds but within walking distance to avoid having to drive around forever to find that rare parking spot.

 Meeting new people, job search is going really well and I am feeling good. For me it's all about connection.  I've found my new grocery stores and my favorite farmers markets and a few new favorite restaurants.  I've made some new friends. The best part about being here besides the beautiful weather and how good I feel about me is the simplicity of this lifestyle.  I have learned to live with so much less....it's okay for now.   I need my family, my pups, healthful food for all of us, transportation, a home , my health and extra for when we need it.  I am so appreciative especially after what I have seen this summer.   I'm feeling so good about my new little home and I do think I will be staying here for a long while....it's perfect for me.











No comments:

Post a Comment