Sunday, June 8, 2014

one day at a time



Yep...story of my last 6 month journey. Settling here and no turning back.  Still no moving truck, or my car, AND Chase's car broke down today...just what I needed.   Finding my way in this little town, trying to make my home my own with little funds, groceries, pet food and still unable to start working due to no belongings.  Living the simple life to say the least. My sanity is truly  my morning beach trips with Mali and exploring my surroundings meeting everyone I can. She is a delight to so many people she meets on our little adventures and that makes me smile.
There weather is perfect, I am within walking distance to anything I would need, get to watch fireworks every night, have my dogs and my children here.. but,  feeling a bit lonely, a bit overloaded financially, but also feeling I'll be okay once I can start working.  It's definitely a bit scary but.....I do like it here.  The dogs are in heaven. But, I feel like I am living in someone else's house....which I am.  I hope to make it my own with time.  Bought my first ceramic pot from old town yesterday, its yellow with red and blue flowers....so pretty ...planted some herbs to inspire me to start cooking again.  Lots of bearings still to be found for me.  Feeling lonely and missing my routine and friends.   But.....learning to start a new here and doing okay.  One day at a time. Right?


2 comments: