Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Day 10 here on the West Coast






   Hard to believe that we have been here for 10 days already! My daily walks with Mali take me down my street of Voltaire and I see his quotes written here and there on buildings, signs, etc. I wanted to know who he was, googled him and found he was a French writer, historian and philosopher famous for his wit, his advocacy of freedom of religion, freedom of speech, and separation of church and state.  I've also realized that many of the streets here are named after writers, poets and philosophers. I am also learning about the history of this little town. Looks like I'll be brushing up on my history a bit! 
   Our weather right now is called the "June Gloom" which means that it's gloomy and cool in the mornings until about noon or later.  Definitely chilly.  
   Tonight is Taco Tuesday all over the city with $2 tacos at most restaurants....so that's what we will be having for dinner tonight!  Fish tacos for me!!  So yummy!
   Praying the movers get their truck fixed and get the heck outta Texas and on their way here....taking it in stride.  Nothing I can do. In the meantime, going to enjoy my down time and get to know my new town.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment